Time to Read: 1 minute
Take your spouse out on a date – if you are a single parent, give yourself a night out – and ask yourself these questions:
- What is the atmosphere like in my home?
- What do I want it to be like?
- Is it filled with laughter or yelling?
- Is it peaceful or chaotic?
- Do I want to be there or not?
- How could I make my home my favorite place on earth?
If your kids are a little older, invite them to help rebuild the atmosphere of your home. Ask them these same questions and what they suggest to make home the best place to be.
Imagine what the most joyful, loving, fun, and helpful atmosphere would look like in your home. Think heaven-in-your-home type of ideas (“Your Kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven”). Now start building those ideas with your words and actions.
“Do not be shaped by this world. Instead, be changed within by a new way of thinking. Then you will be able to decide what God wants for you. And you will be able to know what is good and pleasing to God and what is perfect.” – Romans 12:2