Time to Read: 1 minute
Play hide and seek- all time family favorite! Someone is ‘it’ so they hide their eyes and count to 10 while everyone else finds a place to hide. ‘It’ then searches until he finds all the family members. Last one found is ‘it’ next time.
Alternatives to the classic:
- ‘It’ hides an object and everyone searches until the object is found. First one to find the object is ‘it’.
- ‘It’ hides while everyone else closes their eyes and they all look for ‘it’. As each person finds ‘it’ they join in the hiding place until everyone playing the game is in hiding place. Last person is the new ‘it’.
- When ‘it’ finds a person they join ‘it’ but if they see someone that ‘it’ doesn’t find they wave and can now run off and hide again.
- Hide several objects and the person to find the most wins and gets to hide objects next time.
- Turn off the lights and play in the dark.
- Take the game outside. If you’re brave play outside at night.
Kingdom Connection: Wrap up the fun family time with the concept that just like we searched for our family members the same is true for God. When we seek Him we will find Him. He is always there for us.
“But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart and all your soul. Deuteronomy 4:27-29